Best Digital Technology
This celebrates technology, spanning electronic tools, systems, devices and resources that generate, store or process data, including but not limited to broadcast, social media, online games, multimedia and mobile devices, that improves the end-user experience, informs or educates its target market better, or informs organizational growth. Entries are invited from any organizations (B2B or B2C).
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Download the category form here
Multiple Entries can be used to give entrants a higher chance of winning or being shortlisted. If you have any questions regarding which category(ies) is best suited to your technology, please call our commercial team on +44 (020) 3150-2080
To explore the winning technology from last year see our 2019 Sports Technology Awards winners.
If you are interested in entering the ‘Best Digital Technology’ category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Digital technology probably enjoys the longest heritage in sports technology and it could claim to be the widest-reaching, steering many other aspects of the sector.
The fundamental way in which digital has evolved during the tenure of the Awards is that data has become such an inherent expectation in terms of what digital delivers. In sports business today, information has emerged as a major driver to virtually all key decisions being made so digital technology which delivers robust, accurate figures is much sought-after.
However, digital technology in the sports sector goes far beyond data delivery, with exciting sports innovations spanning – cloud based-AI solutions, database storage systems, personalized sports videos, and OTT services, to name a few.
‘Best Digital Technology’ is an established category and our judges tell us that they really enjoy seeing innovative sports technology developments amongst the entries.
As the technology which can probably claim to be guiding the sportstech sector, we look forward to shining a light on this outstanding work at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony in 2020.