This category is presented in partnership with Capgemini, Innovations Partner to The STA Group. It celebrates the best technological innovation in sports created over the past 18 months (the innovation must have been tangibly available no earlier than June 2019), concepts are ineligible.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- Does the technology make sound commercial sense (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Capgemini Innovation category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Throughout its history, the Sports Technology Awards has showcased some incredibly innovative sports technologies in their infancies. These innovations not only embraced all elements of sports, they were as likely to be created by start-up businesses as established ones.
The Capgemini Innovation category is about rewarding tangible, market-ready, commercially available technologies – unproven concepts are not eligible. We believe that it is by imposing this rigour that so many of the entries go on to achieve impressive growth.
Innovation is an established category which is being sponsored for the first time in 2021 by Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. Both Capgemini and our judges tell us that they are looking forward to seeing innovative sports developments which have emerged over the past 18 months.
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.