Best Innovation of the Year – This celebrates the best technological innovation in sports created over the past 18 months (the innovation must have been tangibly available no earlier than June 2017). Concepts are ineligible.
Entries are invited from any organization or individual who has created technology with a clear application within sports. This initiative can be led by hardware, software, materials, design, nutrition, mechanics etc.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need or purpose does the innovation meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
- All judges sign an NDA and declare all conflicts of interest. As such, all information shared is confidential
- Entrants may wish to withhold highly sensitive information, but facts, figures and stats will carry more weight than testimonials
- The organizers reserve the right to request proof of any claims made in this form
If you have any questions regarding the application or any objections to a specific judge reviewing your work, please contact the Awards office and we will aim to help you in any way we can.