Best Innovation of the Year
This celebrates the best technological innovation in sports created over the past 18 months (the innovation must have been tangibly available no earlier than June 2018). Concepts are ineligible.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Download the category form here
Multiple Entries can be used to give entrants a higher chance of winning or being shortlisted. If you have any questions regarding which category(ies) is best suited to your technology, please call our commercial team on +44 (020) 3150-2080
To explore the winning technology from last year see our 2019 Sports Technology Awards winners.
If you are interested in entering the ‘Best Innovation of the Year’ category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Over the past seven years, the Sports Technology Awards have been privileged to see a range of incredibly innovative sports technologies in their infancies. These innovations not only embrace all elements of sports, they are as likely to be created by start-up businesses as established ones, by a local company as much as by multinationals.
The adage ‘a good idea can come from anywhere’ is embodied in the ‘Innovation of the Year’ category, with brands reporting that inspiration for their technologies came from personal experience, sporting frustrations, a new opportunity created by third-party technology or simply spotting a gap in the market then striving to fill it.
It bears repeating that the innovation category is about rewarding tangible, market-ready, commercially available technologies – unproven concepts are not eligible. We believe that it is by imposing this rigour that so many of the entries go on to achieve impressive growth.
It is universally true in the sports innovation category that the ideas we see are as impressive as they are diverse.
‘Best Innovation of the Year’ is an established category and our judges tell us that they really enjoy seeing innovative sports developments amongst the entries over the past 18 months.
With every year yielding a raft of ever-more innovative sports technologies, we are excited to celebrate the best at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony in 2020.