(Annual Revenue < £2m / US$3m) – This award celebrates startup businesses creating technology or tech-led solutions for any facet of the sports sector which have raised funding from company owner savings, crowdfunding platforms, government funding or third-party investors.
Companies must be no more than three (3) years old as of 31 December 2018.
Companies must be seed funded with an annual revenue of less than £2m / US$3m
The judges will determine the winner based on their assessment of
- The entry’s business proposition / service
- What IP is owned (where relevant)
- What need in the market their work meets and defensibility of the market
- What its commercial objectives are and, depending on the stage of the business, the degree to which it has been successful
- How viable they perceive the company to be based on structure and vision
- All judges sign an NDA and declare all conflicts of interest. As such, all information shared is confidential
- Entrants may wish to withhold highly sensitive information, but facts, figures and stats will carry more weight than testimonials
- The organizers reserve the right to request proof of any claims made in this form
If you have any questions regarding the application or any objections to a specific judge reviewing your work, please contact the Awards office and we will aim to help you in any way we can.