This celebrates technology used or created for sports tv, radio, digital broadcast, or streaming/OTT services. Submissions can be for a single programme, series, tournament, or technology specifically created for the broadcast sector.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- Does the technology make sound commercial sense (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Broadcast category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
The influence of broadcast on sports has reached unprecedented levels. Thanks to broadcasters and production houses, and the technology companies which support them, sport is accessible to numbers of fans, via a variety of methods unthinkable just 30 years ago.
With the remit of communicating sporting action in ways that are as accessible, attractive, and heroic as possible, broadcast’s power in sport remains unassailable. As an industry, sports broadcasters strive to push boundaries, which results in their seemingly endless delivery of hugely impressive innovations, throughout linear and OTT.
Broadcast is an established category and our judges tell us that they really enjoy seeing innovative sports technology developments amongst the entries.
As one of the paramount forces in the sports industry, the caliber of entries is set to be ever-more impressive. But who is leading the charge?
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.