2019 Technology for Athlete Welfare category: Yahoo Sports Technology Awards
Best Technology for Athlete Welfare – This celebrates technology which specializes in ‘off-field’ care, ensuring athletes of any level are safeguarded across any facet of mental and/or physical health. This includes but is not limited to, technology that facilitates rapid identification, avoidance or treatment of injuries and issues, or which helps injured or unwell athletes recover.
Entries are invited from any organizations or technology-led programmes, working in any market(s), country(ies) or sport(s).
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the purpose/market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How far-reaching is the technology (e.g. sports, markets, the volume of users etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
- All judges sign an NDA and declare all conflicts of interest. As such, all information shared is confidential
- Entrants may wish to withhold highly sensitive information, but facts, figures and stats will carry more weight than testimonials
- The organizers reserve the right to request proof of any claims made in this form
If you have any questions regarding the application or any objections to a specific judge reviewing your work, please contact the Awards office and we will aim to help you in any way we can.