Best Technology for Fan Engagement
This celebrates technology which enables better engagement between fans and sports entities of all types.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Download the category form here
Multiple Entries can be used to give entrants a higher chance of winning or being shortlisted. If you have any questions regarding which category(ies) is best suited to your technology, please call our commercial team on +44 (020) 3150-2080
To explore the winning technology from last year see our 2019 Sports Technology Awards winners.
If you are interested in entering the ‘Best Technology for Fan Engagement’ category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Fan engagement has been at the forefront of sports technology for as long as the Sports Technology Awards have existed – and this looks set to continue. This category – spans the full spectrum of how sports brands of all types can engage sports fans of all ages.
Fans are becoming increasingly sophisticated in their expectations, in part owing to the demands of social media but also because different demographics are driven by different tastes and motivations. The single biggest shift with younger fans is their belief that sports brands should show them loyalty as much as expect loyalty from them – a concept unthinkable 20 years ago.
Amongst the myriad of developments which are happening in fan engagement technology, one key trend is gamification, in no small part due to the rise of esports, the role of which in traditional sports looks set to expand significantly in the next few years.
‘Best Technology for Fan Engagement’ is an established category and our judges tell us that they really enjoy seeing innovative sports technology developments amongst the entries.
Engaging fans is a fundamental part of sports, so finding out which fan engagement technology leads the way in this area will be an exciting aspect of the celebrations at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony in 2020.