This celebrates technology which enables better engagement between fans and sports entities of all types.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- Does the technology make sound commercial sense (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Fan Engagement category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Fan engagement has been at the forefront of sports technology for as long as the Sports Technology Awards have existed – and this looks set to continue. This category spans the full spectrum of how sports brands of all types can engage sports fans of all ages.
Fan Engagement is an established category and our judges tell us that they really enjoy seeing innovative sports technology developments amongst the entries.
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.