Education Institution of the Year
This celebrates the education institution which has shown itself – via a module/pathway or entire course – to deliver an outstanding education in the discipline of sports technology. Entries are invited from higher/tertiary education establishments including universities, colleges, polytechnics or similar, delivering sports technology courses of any duration.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- How many sports technology courses are being offered by the institution
- Highlights of the syllabus of the institution’s most popular courses
- The experience of key faculty teaching staff
- Evidence of teaching meeting industry standards based on rates of student achievement (e.g. transition into further study/workplace)
- Examples of past and current research projects being undertaken at the institution
- Examples of private sector partnerships in place at the institution
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. industry links, data demonstrating student satisfaction, standards of student achievement etc.)
Download the category form here
Multiple Entries can be used to give entrants a higher chance of winning or being shortlisted. If you have any questions regarding which category(ies) is best suited to your technology, please call our commercial team on +44 (020) 3150-2080
To explore the winning technology from last year see our 2019 Sports Technology Awards winners.
If you are interested in entering the ‘Education Institution of the Year’ category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Sports technology is the sports sector’s precocious child; it’s still only a teenager but impacts every facet of the industry. Testament to how fast our baby is growing up is the number of places of higher education, globally, offering courses specializing in sports technology.
From Arizona to Zurich, Beijing to Bath via Berlin, young people can find outstanding opportunities to study just about every facet of this electrifying sub-sector. Sports technology is a really exciting place in which to develop a career but, by its very nature can be complicated, so the institutions providing a robust grounding in the discipline are offering an invaluable service to both students and the industry alike.
‘Education Institution of the Year’ is a new category but our judges will relish the chance to see innovative sports technology developments happening in this sector.
As the sports technology business world expands, resulting in the need for more bright, relevantly-educated recruits, we look forward to finding which education institutions are truly the best globally.