Most Innovative Sports Brand
This celebrates the standout sports brand which has proved itself through the creation or adoption of technology, to be the most innovative in the sector.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- Evidence of multiple points of technology-led innovation
- Evidence of how the innovations have taken the brand forward and/or established them as a dominant brand
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Download the category form here
Multiple Entries can be used to give entrants a higher chance of winning or being shortlisted. If you have any questions regarding which category(ies) is best suited to your technology, please call our commercial team on +44 (020) 3150-2080
To explore the winning technology from last year see our 2019 Sports Technology Awards winners.
If you are interested in entering the ‘Most Innovative Sports Brand’ category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
The sports sector has matured hugely over the past 20 years, testament to this is that it is now spawning its own sub-sectors, of which sports technology is, arguably, one of the most rapidly evolving. But what makes a tech-forward sports brand?
- Here, at the Sports Technology Awards, we’ve been monitoring innovative sports brands for nearly a decade and these are the traits that are common to the brands which have truly moved – and continue to move – sports forward. They identify or create technology for a tangible sporting challenge. The sports technology market suffers from a lot of ‘technology for technology’s sake,’ and where we’ve witnessed the most success is when tech-led sports innovations are created or adopted which solve a specific challenge. That clear simplicity of thought shouldn’t be underestimated, it is less prevalent than it should be and is hugely effective when applied
- Innovative sports brands create or adopt technology which is, fundamentally, people led. If technology cannot be embraced easily and on a wide scale it fails, often to the detriment of many of the organization’s stakeholders
- We’ve yet to come across a brand with a completely accurate crystal ball – the ones who sustain their place at the cutting edge of sports innovation are the ones who monitor trends, invest in good data, understand their markets’ needs, remain open to experimentation, and who aren’t afraid to fail. Where they make mistakes, they have the confidence and maturity to pivot or park up and move on
Being a tech-forward brand is challenging but not impossible; every day we see organizations inspiring, embracing and promoting really exciting technology but, fundamental to that, is a genuinely ‘can do’ approach.
‘Most Innovative Sports Brand’ is a new category but our judges will relish the chance to see innovative sports technology developments happening in this sector.
With a vast collection of widely differing brands operating at the highest level in their chosen dimension of sport, we know that the shortlisted entries will be exciting and inspiring. As such, we look forward to showcasing this outstanding work at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony in 2020.