Most Innovative Sports Equipment or Apparel – This celebrates innovative sports equipment or apparel created over the past 24 months (to have been on general release no earlier than January 2016) which enables more effective performance in a single or multiple sports.
This includes but is not limited to clothing, gloves, footwear, training and conditioning equipment, body, joint and head protection and equipment such as rackets, bats, skis and boards.
Entries are invited from any organizations, working in any market(s), country(ies) or sport(s).
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- How innovative, original, effective and technology-led was the product
- To what degree is the technology unique or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- What technology was used, how was it used and how did it have a measurable impact
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Entrants in this category may not enter the Best Wearable Technology category
- All judges sign an NDA and declare all conflicts of interest. As such, all information shared is confidential
- Entrants may wish to withhold highly sensitive information, but facts, figures and stats will carry more weight than testimonials
- The organizers reserve the right to request proof of any claims made in this form
If you have any questions regarding the application or any objections to a specific judge reviewing your work, please contact the Awards office and we will aim to help you in any way we can.