This celebrates innovative sports equipment spanning apparel, wearables and training hardware which enables more effective performance in a single, or multiple sports. This includes but is not limited to activity bands, motion trackers, clothing, gloves, footwear, training and conditioning equipment, body, joint and head protection, and equipment such as rackets, bats, skis, and boards.
Entries in this category may not be entered into the Extreme Sports category.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- Does the technology make sound commercial sense (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Equipment or Wearable category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
A fundamental part of sports is the kit and apparel that is needed to do it, making this category the broadest in the Sports Technology Awards.
With so much variety on offer, the judges assigned to this category are only confirmed once all entries have been submitted as this ensures that the best possible experts score the submissions.
Judges who are current or past elite athletes or coaches are especially passionate about this category as they enjoy seeing both how the sector has evolved as well as understanding what equipment and wearable technology may be available to them now.
So, whether your brand creates training equipment, footwear, apparel, wearables, protective gear, or the technical components of these products, this is the category for you.
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.