This celebrates technology which ensures the safety and/or security of any facet of the sports sector by protecting networks, devices, programs, data, athletes, fans, live crowds or sports venues from attack, damage, or unauthorized access. Entries can include but are not limited to cyber security, crypto security, blockchain, monitoring services, anti-fraud, counterfeit, crowd control/safety etc.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- Does the technology make sound commercial sense (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Safety and Security category, here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Safety and Security have emerged as ever-more important aspects of operating in today’s sports industry. From protecting information and infrastructure, to ensuring people are physically looked after, this is a multifaceted area with devasting ramifications if not undertaken seriously.
This is a new category that has been introduced to recognize this ever-more important aspect of the sector.
Our judges are senior executives in the sector, many with personal responsibility for this area in their organization, so understand how vital it is, and have a keen interest in the range of solutions that entries will reflect.
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.