Sponsor of the Year – This celebrates the sponsor which, thanks to the adoption, use or creation of technology, has achieved its sponsorship objectives. These span products showcasing, brand awareness, hospitality, audience engagement, improvement of the entity it sponsors etc. or a mix of all the above. The entry can pertain to one campaign or an overall sponsorship activation.
Entries are invited from sponsors globally, working in any market(s), country(ies) or sport(s).
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What market did this campaign target
- How innovative was the strategy driving the sponsorship
- How innovative, original and effective was the delivery of sponsor’s campaign(s)
- What was the desired outcome of the sponsorship and to what degree was the campaign successful
- How far reaching was the campaign (e.g. sports, markets, volume of users etc.) and what inherent legacies did it leave
- What technologies did the campaign adopt and why
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Entrants in this category may not enter the Rights Holder / Governing Body / Team of the Year category
- All judges sign an NDA and declare all conflicts of interest. As such, all information shared is confidential
- Entrants may wish to withhold highly sensitive information, but facts, figures and stats will carry more weight than testimonials
- The organizers reserve the right to request proof of any claims made in this form
If you have any questions regarding the application or any objections to a specific judge reviewing your work, please contact the Awards office and we will aim to help you in any way we can.