Best Technology for Sports Commerce
This celebrates technology servicing commercial performance in any organization working in sports. This includes, but is not limited to, data, WIFI/connectivity, CRM, media, ticketing or transactional services.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Download the category form here
Multiple Entries can be used to give entrants a higher chance of winning or being shortlisted. If you have any questions regarding which category(ies) is best suited to your technology, please call our commercial team on +44 (020) 3150-2080
To explore the winning technology from last year see our 2019 Sports Technology Awards winners.
If you are interested in entering the ‘Best Technology for Sports Commerce’ category, here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Star players may well warrant their own line on organizations’ profit and loss sheets but today’s sports clubs and teams aren’t just elite sportspeople playing for glory, these businesses are retailers, caterers, bars and entertainers.
As fan sophistication increases, so do their expectations of the caliber of customer service they enjoy, meaning that tills, stock controls, CRM and ticketing systems need to be commensurate with what the consumers expect.
Any wise organization makes the bottom line its priority, knowing that if every viable revenue stream is rationalized, theirs is a good business.
‘Best Technology for Sports Commerce’ is an established category and our judges tell us that they really enjoy seeing innovative sports technology developments amongst the entries.
We are delighted that this diverse and important category will be part of the Sports Technology Awards ceremony in 2020 and we look forward to exploring which technology in this field is helping move the sector’s business models forward.