This celebrates technology servicing the ongoing operations of a club, tournament, sports organization, or venue, as well as technology which positively affects the match day experience of fans. Entries can include but are not limited to data management, WIFI/connectivity, CRM, ticketing, transactional services, hospitality, F&B, retail etc.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What is the market for this technology
- What need does the entry meet and how does it do so effectively
- To what degree is the technology unique and innovative or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (e.g. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- Does the technology make sound commercial sense (e.g. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Operations, Commerce and Event Management category, here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Management in sport is diverse and complex, spanning a wide variety of business disciplines. Venue, tournament, and elite club management require many effective systems, with innovative technology being at the heart of all of them.
Executives in this sector are under significant pressure to deliver their work whilst demonstrating tangible ROI. This means that the best technologies help the end-users in their target markets deliver effectively.
This is a new category and intentionally broad, as it reflects the breadth of services needed to manage an organization in the busines of sport effectively.
Our judges in this area will bring a huge amount of expert knowledge to bear in their scrutiny of the entries and will be fascinated to see how entries into this category are advancing this area of the industry.
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.