This celebrates an initiative in sport which developed or harnessed technology to address social change or a philanthropic cause. Entries are invited from sports organizations, technology companies, agencies or partnerships between multiple entities working in any facet of the sports sector.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- What issue was this initiative looking to address and why
- How innovative, original and effective was the initiative in its use of technology
- To what extent was the desired outcome achieved / the initiative successful
- How far reaching was the initiative (e.g. sports, markets, volume of users etc.) and what inherent legacies did it leave
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
If you are interested in entering the Technology for Good category here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Every aspect of the Sports Technology Awards recognizes and celebrates the benefits that technology brings to all aspects of the world of sport and, by introducing this new category, we hope to honour a body which has harnessed the power of tech-led innovation to solve a significant social problem, highlight a philanthropic cause, do something tangible to improve an unacceptable issue or bring meaningful change to a group of individuals.
Our judges are all passionate advocates of the power of technology and are excited about harnessing it for positivity and altruism.
The work which makes the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 6th May, 2021, at The Londoner Hotel, on London’s iconic Leicester Square.